Many homeowners are asking on the internet how to buy a water softener or which one to obtain? However, it is not vital which one you are picking up. Important is what purpose your water softener is based on. Yes, suppose a friend residing in the Philippines is using a salt based water softener that doesn’t mean it will work for you in the same way in the US. Water hardness, location, purpose and its use all matters when you are buying a filter.
Hard water contains a high amount of minerals like calcium and magnesium and other impurities that settles on pipes and equipment. It damages them badly. Recent research says that hard water degrades the life of equipment by 40%. It affects health and is a headache for daily chores.
Like laundry, washing utensils, floors and bathroom everything becomes difficult. More water is consumed as hard water does not give proper lather and rinse quickly. It clogs pipes and plumbing system which later bears a hole in the pocket.
Why Water Softeners?
Hard water creates a lot of nuisance. Cleaning is a tiring job that engrosses time and oomph. Water consumption increases as soaps scum remnants.
Clothes lose lustre, tiles stained and spots in bathroom tiles. You can relate to all these right. One thing you should be aware of is the life span of the equipment decreases.
Water softeners convert hard water into soft water by eliminating calcium, magnesium and other contaminants from water. It makes water safe for drinking and serving household purposes. They are the sole solution to improve everyday hustle.
But the market is filled with n number of water softeners, so which one is best for you. You might have searched many websites but didn’t have the solution. Don’t worry you only need to consider the below mentioned things before you buy. Simple!
5 Tips to Buy a Water Softener:
Before buying a water softener for your home consider the things to lock your decision:
- Think what is your requirement and your type of softener you are looking for: This is the first crucial step towards buying a filter. Memorize what problems you have and which system will serve the purpose. It is always better to get a professional for this analysis. Because they will get it examined from all angles and get you the best.
- Pick high quality and efficient components: A quality system consists of a high-quality valve and parts. It helps to work efficiently. They may cost you little more than you expected but they are worth it. Cheap products will require replacements and repairs that if summed up cost more within a period.
- Metered Cycle: A metered cycle valve can be set according to the house requirements. It makes the product efficient and easy to maintain.
- Get Water tested beforehand: This is because your water may need something more than just a softener. Specific water systems like Reverse Osmosis ensures killing off harmful bacteria’s and contaminants. Hence, examining water before use assures you about health.
- Right Size System: Always ensure where water softener has to be fitted. Every water softener is different in shape and size. It also depends on the water flow rate and hardness. The small and extremely compact system may reduce the life of equipment and leave you to cost struck. Similarly, if the system is quite large it will be expensive and will waste a large number of salts. The right-sized product will be lucrative and will not waste salts too.
- Compare Quality and Cost: Last but not least, scrutinize what you are spending and for how long you are purchasing a filter. It is because you will get many deals for the same category. You may feel this is the bargain you were waiting for, but wait, think again. Maybe the price you pay is the same as the quality. You will end up paying more as maintenance cost will be high. Nonetheless, you will be fed up of replacing parts and calling an expert.
Look for a good warranty product. At least 12 years coverage should be there. In the market, you get many products that may assure you about warranty later may fool you but deny. Always go for a brand and ask for a manual. Read about the product especially warranty cover and exclusions before buying a water softener.
There are numerous considerations when it comes to buying a water softener as one wrong decision will cost you money and will not solve your problem too. Usually, salt-based water softeners are considered best as they are apt for processing a large quantity of water. But with time and technology reverse osmosis (RO) has taken the place of it. They have a long life and require low maintenance.
Finding which water softener is needed is crucial so always do the necessary research and keep the above points in your mind. Hope your problem is solved now.